Sunday, June 15, 2008

We're still here

It's been quite the long while since anything's been heard of on this blog! Personally, I've had one of the most busiest semesters I've ever had, and finally it's over. Then after that I just hadn't had a chance to be back and to post something. I need a subject that really "gets my goat", if you know what I mean, one I feel deeply about. That's the purpose of this blog, I think -- to have a place where I can speak my opinion on topics of great import, where there's some wrong not righted or something of that nature.

I hope to return with some new posts sometime in the near future, so keep your eyes peeled! :-)

3 comments:

Angela said...

Some topics that "get my goat" for you guys to choose from!

Gas Prices Soaring with Oil Companies making huge profits Despite the War. (in Evansville, IN we have hit over the 4.00 per gallon mark)

Within LDS circles, The genealogy library having a 0% attendance record of members while non-members are still coming. (sad, frustrating, and lonely as I'm the librarian by myself on Thurs Nights)

Politics in General (Pick a topic)

Abuse of any kind to anyone or animal.

These items are just a few ideas, and are not listed in degree of importance... I hope this list will help the wheels to start functioning and that we will here from all of the brothers soon.

Have a blessed weekend!
Angela

Kate The Great said...

I can pick a topic in politics in particular that I know will get your goat: Romney. Why he didn't make it this far, why he dropped out, and who you're rooting for now. And why. Cause my guess is that you're voting for McCain, but I'm rooting for Obama.

pbbbbt.

Angela said...

Kate,

As far as who I'm voting for during the elections, I can honestly say that I'm at a loss.
When I go to the polls, after research and prayer, I just ask the LORD to guide me and this nation and for HIM to put the man that HE needs into office.

If you remember, President Bush did not win the popular vote in 2000, he won the electoral college. Al Gore won the popular vote at that time. It all came down to the Florida Vote, and Florida's Governor at that time was George Bush's brother Jeb.

I will say that Barack Obama does have charisma and the ability to inspire people. McCain is a long-time war veteren and has the military training and knowledge that could help in the war effort.

Have a blessed week.

Angela